Over the years many people have contributed to make the hall the success it is today.
From Mrs Marian Bucks first gift of the property itself in 1945 to Mr Thomas Hones gift of
The Cottage individual donations have been an important part. In later years, improvements have been made
possible by grants from a number of bodies. The major refurbishment involving a new entrance and re-roofing has
been carried out with financial awards from the Rural Enterprise Scheme (DEFRA), Biffaward and Severn Waste
Environmental Fund, both coming under the Landfill Communities Fund umbrella, and generous help from Bosbury
Parish Council. Phase II in 2009, was done with support from Herefordshire Council and the Severn Waste
In 2011, we were grateful to receive a Herefordshire Council Community Pride Grant towards purchasing
new curtains to extend the useable Hall space by screening off storage areas and, in 2012, a further Herefordshire Council
Community Technology Grant to enable us to purchase IT equipment first seen in action at our Diamond Jubilee TV screenings.
We thank the Council for their continuing practical support.
The voluntary work of the Management Committee of the Hall trustees and help from the people of
Bosbury are a valuable ongoing support which keeps the Hall working as a useful facility for local people and
A last but not least a big thank you to all our Hall users who bring the Hall to life and
make all the hard work worthwhile.